👋🏽 Hi friends, I'm Will.
I'm currently a design systems developer advocate learning to
survive thrive with ADHD while juggling my three little kids.
I love teaching other developers and helping them realise their potential
by learning what they might consider intimidating. I am equally excited
to learn what each person can teach me, about software development
or the world we share. I am devoted to breaking down barriers and
making our industry one accepting and supportive of all.
Here are some things I've worked on:
- Helping maintain Canvas Kit, an open source design system library that implements the Workday Canvas Design System. I focus most on welcoming new contributors and supporting our internal developer community.
- Growing the React Denver community through monthly events
- Speaking at a few conferences like JSConf Iceland, CascadiaJS, React Rally, and Nodevember
- Encouraging others to give their first meetup or conference talk
- Publishing a browser extension to add a table of contents to GitHub READMEs and Markdown files, before they implemented it themselves
- Writing a bunch of ESLint rules and reducing code review feedback
This was built with Astro, deployed with Netlify, and probably edited on CodeSandbox.