👋🏽 Hi friends, I'm Will.
I'm an independent developer advocate and I've worked in design systems, React, and full-stack TypeScript development. I co-organize DenverScript and I give talks on improving developer experience (DX).
Here are some things I've worked on:
- Helping maintain Canvas Kit, an open source design system library that implements the Workday Canvas Design System. I focused most on welcoming new contributors and growing an internal developer community.
- Growing the Denver developer community through monthly events. I previously organized React Denver and founded HartfordJS.
- Encouraging others to give their first meetup or conference talk, through direct mentorship and by organizing local workshops as part of Global Diversity CFP Day.
- Publishing a browser extension to add a table of contents to GitHub READMEs and Markdown files, before they implemented it themselves
- Writing a bunch of ESLint rules and reducing code review feedback
Independent Developer Advocacy
If you're writing code or building a product that other developers use, you're doing developer relations. If you want to be more intentional than accidental, let's have a chat: https://calendly.com/willklein.
My recent background is in design systems, but I'm also a specialist in building developer tools and designing a better developer experience. This includes documentation, community building, and improving cross-team relationships.